Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- FINE FORGIVENESS: The library will offer fine forgiveness on any outstanding materials from July 1 - July 16; see the linked flyer for full details.
- The library maintains a wish list, for needed supplies. Please take a look and consider helping us with a donation!
- Summer Reading is around the corner! Be sure to register and log the books you read! (registration & logging opens: June 7, 2016)
Regular Monthly Programming
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam @ 6:30 p.m. [July 18: Sal Ritz] [August 15: T.B.A.] & Thank you to Rocking the Valley Online Radio - broadcasting live from the library!: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Third Tuesday Movie Night @ 6:15 p.m. [July 19: Zootopia] [August 16: Space Jam]: Come to the library to watch a movie!
- Fourth Tuesday Adult Coloring Club @ 11:00 a.m. [July 26]: Anyone 18 years old and older is welcome to join us every 4th Tuesday of the month for our Adult Coloring Club. The library has some supplies but invites you to bring your own as well.
- Did you know the library has MP3 Recorded Books? While these books are on CD media, they require a "mp3 compatible" CD player to play, or can be copied through a computer to an MP3 player. This collection can fit an entire novel on 1 disk! That means - no more changing disks on the highway! Cars.com reports: "Nearly all cars from this century with CD players have MP3 compatibility." Not sure if your CD player is able to play these? Check out an MP3 audiobook, and try to play it! The library has a collection of MP3 disks, and Overdrive has MP3 audiobooks available for download, as well.
- The Library now accepts donations via PayPal. Use your credit card or PayPal balance to donate to the library.
- The library digitized the Whitehall High School Yearbook from 1922 - 2014. We are able to provide copies on DVDs that can be displayed on a computer. Complete an order form and payment to receive your copy! Order forms are available at the front desk, the library will call when the copy is ready!
- Whitehall Township Public Library will be collecting non-perishables can/box food products. All items collected will be given to the Whitehall food pantry. Items may be dropped off during regular library hours.
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- Intro to Tai Chi: (Tuesday, July 5 @ 1:30 p.m. ages 8 - adults / 6:30 p.m. ages 12 and up)
- Teen Game Night (Friday, July 8 @ 5:00 p.m. - grades 6 - 12)
- Aikido Master (Tuesday, July 12 @ 1:30 p.m.)
- Good Shepherd: Active Sports Injury Prevention (Tuesday, July 12 @ 6:00 p.m.)
- B-Safe: Community Partners 4 Kids (Wednesday, July 13 @ 1:00 p.m.)
- Adult Library Bingo (Thursday, July 21 @ 6:00 p.m.)
- Kids / Teens Connect: Crazy Olympics @ the Library (Saturday, July 23 @ 10:00 a.m.)
- For the Love of Sports: Athletic Side of Sweden - Swedish Museum of Philadelphia (Tuesday, July 26 @ 6:30 p.m.)
- AARP's Prepare to Care: (Thursday, July 28 @ 6:00 p.m.): AARP is offering this free presentation to prepare family members to think about the possibility of caring for loved ones in the future in their homes.
- Super Science Amazing Art: (Tuesday, Aug. 2 @ 6:30 p.m.)
- Children's Book Sale: (Thursday, Aug. 4 @ 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
- Community Heroes @ Your Library: (Tuesday, Aug. 9 @ 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
- Finale Day: A Reading Celebration for SRP 2016: (Saturday, Aug 13 @ 11:00 a.m.)
- Broadway Hits with Mike Holliday & John and Kass Bolles (Thursday, Aug. 18 @ 7:30 p.m.)
- Community Night & Swing for Swine: (Monday, Aug. 22 @ 7:00 p.m. -- Coca Cola Park)
- Adult Summer Reading Discussions: (Tuesday, Aug. 23 @ 1:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.)
- 2nd Annual Library Block Party: (Saturday, Aug. 27 @ 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- If you are looking for eAudio books, using OneClickDigital just got easier with the launch of a new App. Just search for "OneClickDigital" in the App store and select install. You'll need your username and password the first time you log in!
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2015/16 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blu-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.