Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- The Whitehall Township Public Library celebrates its 50th anniversary this year! Make sure to watch for activities occuring throughout the year.
- This summer concluded the 2015 Summer Reading program, but that doesn't mean you should stop reading! Our program participants completed many books and the community provided support.
- The Whitehall Lions and the Public Library will have a display at the Whitehall Fall Festival on Saturday, October 10, 2015. We will be collecting non-perishable food products. Stop by and say "hello."
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- Story Time:
- Genealogy Overview: Saturday, October 10 @ 10:00 a.m.
- National Archives and Records Administration; The Nation's Attic: Thursday, October 15 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 16: The library will be closed for Staff Development Day.
- Movie Night @ your library: Tuesday, October 20 @ 6:15 p.m. - Scooby-Doo & Kiss: A rock and roll mystery.
- Ghost Stories with Charles Adams, III.: Thursday, October 22 @ 7:13 p.m.
- Genealogy Overview: Thursday, October 29 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Kids and Teens Connect: Halloween Story Time & Craft: Saturday, October 31 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Book Sale:
- Thursday, November 19: 9:30 - 7:00
- Friday, November 20: 9:30 - 5:00
- Saturday, November 21: 9:30 - 4:00
- Movie Night @ your library: Tuesday, November 17 @ 6:15 p.m. - Back to Jurassic
- Thanksgiving Eve: Wednesday, November 25: Library Closing @ 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26: Library Closed.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffourtissimo - Holiday & Anniversary party: Thursday, December 3 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Holiday Pictures with Santa: December 5 @ 11:00 a.m.
- Movie Night @ your library: Tuesday, December 15 @ 6:15 p.m. - The Seventh Dwarf
- Christmas Eve: Library Closed
- Christmas Day: Library Closed
- New Years Eve: Library Closes @ 1:00 p.m.
- New Years Day: Library Closed
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- If you are looking for eAudio books, using OneClickDigital just got easier with the launch of a new App. Just search for "OneClickDigital" in the App store and select install. You'll need your username and password the first time you log in!
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
Our late Board President loved music. He was active in many musical endeavors in the area, including serving on Boards of Directors of local non-profit groups (in addition to the library).
Throughout 2015 Whitehall Township Public Library will run a series of musical program dedicated to the memory of our late Board President, George Schermerhorn.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2014 /15 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blu-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.