Welcome to Whitehall Township Public Library
Did you know?
- Summer Reading time is here! Information can be found below on each program.
- Adult Summer Reading Program. Click to register and log your books!
- Children's Summer Reading Program (FAQ)
- The Whitehall Township Public Library celebrates its 50th anniversary this year! Make sure to watch for activities occuring throughout the year.
- Third Monday Open Mic & Jam: Entertainers interested in performing 3 songs or a 15 minute set are asked to sign up just before 6:30. Musicians, singers, poets, comedians, actors, writers, storytellers, mimes, etc. come show off your stuff! Or just come and be part of the audience!
- First Friday Blood Pressure screenings: Come to the library to receive a free blood pressure screening on the first Friday of each month from 10:00 am - Noon! See the attached flyer for details!
- Peaceable Kingdom: The Library is helping the Whitehall Lions Club this year raise supplies for Peaceable Kingdom in Whitehall. They are looking for new toys, specific foods, and old (but clean) towels, and supplies to care for their cats and dogs. (Please see the library for specifics).
- The library thanks Joshua Roth, Dean Roth and family, as well as the local Boy Scouts for the completion of a picnic area to fulfill Josh's service requirement for Eagle Scount rank.
- Teen Movie Day (Son of Batman): Saturday, August 1 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Adult Book Discussion: I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai: Tuesday, August 4 @ 1:00 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Shakespearean Experience: Tuesday, August 4 @ 1:30 p.m.
- Children's Book Sale: Thursday, August 6 @ 11:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- "Damn Dutch!" Civil War Program: Thursday, August 6 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Adult Summer Reading Wrap Up: Tuesday, August 11 @ 1:00 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Summer Reading Finale Night: Wednesday, August 12 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Teen Book Talk: Tuesday, August 18 @ 1:30 p.m.
- Third Tuesday Movie Night: Tuesday, August 18 @ 6:15 p.m.
- Teen Book Talk: Tuesday, August 25 @ 1:30 p.m.
- Bethlehem Mounted Police: Tuesday, August 25 @ 6:00 p.m.
- "1965: It was a Very Good Year" with Mike Holiday, John and Kass Bolles music program. Thursday, August 27th @ 7:00 p.m.
- SAGE: Thursday, September 17 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffourtissimo - "This is the 60's!" Thursday, Sept. 24th @ 7:00 p.m. in the reference area.
- National Archives and Records Administration: Thursday, October 15 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Ghost Stories with Charles Adams, III. Tuesday, October 22 @ 7:13 p.m.
- Book Sale: November Thursday 19, Friday 20, Saturday 21
- Thanksgiving Eve: Wednesday, November 25: Library Closing @ 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26: Library Closed.
- Barbershop Quartet - ffourtissimo - Holiday & Anniversary party: Thursday, December 3 @ 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: Library Closed
- Christmas Day: Library Closed
- New Years Eve: Library Closes @ 1:00 p.m.
- New Years Day: Library Closed
- Do you want to keep up-to-date on the latest events at the library? LIKE us on FaceBook! Lets see how many supporters follow us on social media, don't be shy - keep inviting your friends to LIKE our library!
- If you are looking for eAudio books, using OneClickDigital just got easier with the launch of a new App. Just search for "OneClickDigital" in the App store and select install. You'll need your username and password the first time you log in!
- Online fundraising - support the library as you shop!
- The library is able to receive donations from Amazon. A percentage of your total purchase can benefit the library. Click here for more details. Amazon requires shoppers to use "smile.amazon.com" for the library to benefit from this program.
Our late Board President loved music. He was active in many musical endeavors in the area, including serving on Boards of Directors of local non-profit groups (in addition to the library).
Throughout 2015 Whitehall Township Public Library will run a series of musical program dedicated to the memory of our late Board President, George Schermerhorn.
- The Library Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month in the library's community room. Click here for a complete list of scheduled meetings for the 2014 /15 fiscal year.
- The Library offers free Skype sessions to local families with soldiers deployed domestically and abroad. If you have a deployed soldier, and would like to use our Internet and TV to communicate, obtain more information here or contact the library.
- The Friends of the Whitehall Township Public Library invites the public to attend its regularly scheduled meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 2:30 p.m. in the library's community room!
- Kill-a-Watt: How much power do devices use when off? TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, and Blu-rays all use power after they are "off". See how much power your devices really use! This donation from PPL is available at the front desk. Click the link to check availability - if unavailable, you are welcome to place a hold on it.
- Affordable Care Act ("ObamaCare") information: